Deadline: June 30, 2015. 11:59pm (EST) - APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
Application fee: $10 / free for members
The inaugural Solo Exhibition Open Call provides one emerging or under-recognized artist the necessary time and resources to present an exhibition at CUE in 2016. The selected artist will receive valuable mentor support from one established curator on the selection panel including a studio visit and installation guidance in preparation for the exhibition, in addition to a $5,000 stipend and travel allowance, and an accompanying exhibition catalogue with an essay written by a participant in CUE’s Young Art Critic Mentoring Program.
All applications submitted will be considered final and treated as such. Applicants will not, under any circumstances, be permitted to add or edit an application once it has been submitted. All incomplete or duplicate applications will be immediately disqualified.
For questions regarding application requirements, please review the Frequently Asked Questions and check out our list of tips for crafting a strong proposal. For additional information, please contact Shona Masarin-Hurst, Programs Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ELIGIBILITY FOR UNDER-RECOGNIZED ARTISTS
CUE solo exhibition opportunities are for artists who:
- Have not had a solo show in a commercial NYC gallery in ten years
- Do not have current, consistent commercial representation in the United States
- Are not currently enrolled in a degree program
- Have a demonstrated, consistent studio practice outside an academic setting for three or more years
- Can be of any nationality, but must currently reside in the United States
- The exhibition program is open to artists working in any discipline
- Extra consideration will be given to artists who present ideas or topics that are not well-represented in the commercial sector
- CUE strongly encourages applications that contribute to our ongoing commitment to diversity
- Resume and Narrative bio
- Artist statement – up to 500 words
- Exhibition proposal that outlines both the background and plan for the exhibition, and the relationship of the support materials to your proposal – up to 1000 words
- A completed Budget Worksheet form (download here)
- Detailed work sample list
- Work samples:
- Up to 10 images. Images must be submitted as JPEGs, with filenames formatted as such: ARTISTLASTNAME_1.jpeg. Images should be optimized for web/screen preview and no larger than 2MB each.
- And/or 2-4 short video/audio excerpts for video and time-based work Video samples may be .mov or .mp4 with filenames formatted as above. All video/audio excerpts must not exceed 4 minutes each and be accompanied by a link to the full piece online (vimeo is preferred), to be included in the work sample list.
To view a floor plan of the gallery, click here.