Location: CUE Art Foundation, 137 W. 25th Street
Cost: FREE, RSVPs are required: artisthealthcare.eventbrite.com
*EVENT IS AT CAPACITY; however, the event will be filmed and distributed digitally. For more information, please contact Jessica Gildea, Associate Director of Programs: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This free workshop, presented by Renata Marinaro, Director of Health Services, Eastern Region, The Actors Fund, will help artists understand the Affordable Care Act and will provide clear guidance on what options are available. This is an excellent opportunity for unbiased counseling on an important topic. It’s designed for those who work in the arts, and includes a Q&A session.
Questions answered include:
- What are the new options?
- What are the penalties if I don’t have insurance?
- I’m a freelancer without insurance – how will this affect me?
- How will people afford insurance in the new system?
- Who is eligible for Medicaid?
- What is the small business tax credit?
- What is the Exchange?
- How much will it cost?
- How do I apply?